- If you are running Windows Server 2003, you are running IIS 6.0 / ASP 3.0 (though some people like to call this ASP 4.0).
- If you are running Windows XP, you are running IIS 5.1 / ASP 3.0.
- If you are running Windows 2000, you are running IIS 5.0 / ASP 3.0.
- If you are running Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 9x, you can determine which version of IIS / PWS you are running by one of the following methods:
‘ returns “Microsoft-IIS/4.0″ for IIS 4.0 + ASP 2.0
Look for Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack in Add/Remove Programs (Control Panel). If it is there, you are running IIS 4.0 (NT Server) or PWS 4.0 (NT Workstation or Win9x).
- Do a search for ASP.DLL on your system
- right-click it and select Properties
- Check the version tab:
IIS 3.0 shows 1.x
IIS 4.0 shows 2.x
IIS 5.0 shows 5.0.2195.x
IIS 5.1 shows 5.1.2600.x
IIS 6.0 shows 6.0.3790.x
And……….. Windows Vista uses IIS 7.0