I attended SQLBangalore User Group Meeting yesterday (Facebook | Eventbrite). We had #WomenInSQL as the Theme for this event. Pinal Dave surprised everyone by getting Nupur and little Shaivi to the event. We had little Shaivi on stage as the youngest participant of event. More details/picture available on SQLAuthority post.
Out of the 4 sessions, Deepthi spoke about SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools). I was keen in trying out this practically, so later in the evening, I went ahead with Google Search to download the SSDT setup. The search result showed up an interesting result with Date Problem.
The first entry appears with 03-May-2013 and its using Google India website to render the results. I navigated to this page and found that the Microsoft website also is using en-in locale to show the details on SSDT download page.
The date displayed in Quick details section is using Indian date format. My immediate next step was to manually change the locale in browser URL and refresh this page. So I changed en-in to en-us and hit Enter. The results are below:
It now shows date in US format. Does this mean that Google Search is getting confused with Locale setting and showing up incorrect date in its search result. Or, there is something wrong with Microsoft Download site date locales. Leave your comments!
- SQL Server Data Tools Team Blog announcement on December 2012 release
- SSDT for Visual Studio 2012 | Direct Link ISO download - SSDTDec2012_VS2012_EN.iso – 445 MB
- SSDT for Visual Studio 2010 | Direct Link ISO download – SSDTDec2012_VS2010_EN.iso – 1.69 GB